Allina Health is a proud sponsor of the Minnesota Action for Healthy Kids 2017 Healthy Schools Conference – Turning Knowledge into Action! This year’s conference will feature evidence-based policies and practices that allow students and staff to learn and work in a healthy school environment.
Date: Thursday, February 23, 2017
Time: 7:45 AM – 3:45 PM (CT)
Location: Earle Brown Heritage Center, Brooklyn Center, MN
Who should attend? Teachers, nutrition staff, school nurses, school wellness team members, administrators, parents, students (secondary and college), playground supervisors, local public health, staff from health care and community based organizations. All are welcome.
Keynote Address: Dr. Sharroky Hollie, Director of the Center for Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning
Sample of Breakout Sessions:
- Physical Activity in Schools through a Health Equity Lens
- Student Wellness: Integrating PA, Mindfulness and Healthy Eating Throughout the School Day
- Healthy Options in Schools: How to Capitalize on Parent Support
- The Power of Partnership and Policy in Student and Community Health
- Let’s Talk about Kids’ Mental Well-Being
- Project Breakfast and much more!
Please contact Ann Kisch if you need invoice/receipt, want to pay by check or have questions.